Sunday, February 17, 2008

So Long, and thanks for all The Fish

In about 10 days from now, i would have given up my apartment and will be ready to go out one last time with friends in Grenoble. 18 months have flown past in the blink of an eye, and as i said to Malene the other day : all good things must come to an end !

I remember how and when i arrived in France.
http://lifeingrenoble.blogspot.com/2006/08/so-this-is-it.html

I remember who and what i was at that time, and how my thoughts, perceptions and myself have changed over this period of time. When i first arrived here, i knew it would be a life-changing experience, and i couldn't have been more right ! It has been one hell of a roller-coaster ride, and i enjoyed every bit of the highs and took lessons out of the lows.

Life in France has been different and truly enriching. I guess when you stay out of home, especially alone, you tend to look at things with a certain benchmark in your head. For me, that benchmark has now moved. It may not be good to expect the same things again when i relocate again, but what's the harm in trying to change yourself if you cannot change things/people around you?

I will miss Grenoble dearly ! This place has been my home for the past year and half. I have been happy to come back here each time i travel, glad to hear the familiar sound of the tram when i get off the train. Some people have not understood this when i explained it, but in this town there is a certain warmth and character that i am yet to find elsewhere.

I took some friends out for a drink one evening last week, and as we raised to toast, everyone asked me to list out what i loved most about France/Grenoble. Obviously it was impossible to list out right there, since there is so much. But i promised to write about it in my blog. That list will soon be here...

1 Comments:

At 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seing that list!

Even if I could probably guess one or two items!

Louis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home