Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I'm Back !!!... Again !!!

I know, I know, it’s been a very long time since I blogged. In fact it’s been so long, I actually wondered why I’m still using a such an old picture for my profile on blogspot !

For all those who have been in touch with me outside of the blogsphere, I guess you know what’s been happening…

For all those who don’t… here goes!

It seems like I’ve just returned to India, but it’s been 6 months already. Since then, a lot of things have changed. For starters, and this may shock some of you, I quit my job!! I came back to India in March, wrote the GMAT in April and applied to a few business schools in Europe. With 4 admits in hand, I chose the best of the B-schools at my disposal. I’m back in France, and will soon (like, next week) start pursuing an MBA at HEC, in Paris.

So, while I figure out how I can change the address of this blog to “lifeinparis”, rest assured that you will read a lot more from me in the coming days. Maybe I won’t be travelling as much this time around, considering I no longer have an income and my budget is the thinnest possible shoestring… but I’ll surely report the little happenings, my continued exposure to new cultures (HEC promises a lot of that), my personal learnings and as suggested in the title of my blog, “everything” !

Oh, and in the meantime, Bangalore has a new airport and I was lucky to be on the first commercial flight to take-off from there. On the flipside, the security checks are more stringent than ever before thanks to some lunatic who decided to pack explosives with nuts/bolts and place them in bus stops all over the city. Bangalore also has more potholes on the streets, thanks to the rains over the past month.

Otherwise, Shashwat got married, Tim returned to France after 4 months in India, and I am currently in Grenoble catching up with old friends before I can start school next week.

Talking of Grenoble....I took the bus from Lyon Airport to Grenoble yesterday, and i had a sudden flashback. I remembered the first time i landed in France 2 years back, and how i took that first bus ride feeling edgy, not knowing what was in store for me in a place where i didnt know anyone ! This time around, i knew the place (and i love it !). I knew people were waiting to see me in Grenoble... it felt strangely different from the last time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home